Truth: If you want to play in Google’s sandbox, you’re going to have to pay. I’m not talking hard-earned dollars, I’m talking sweat equity in the form of fresh, new, relevant, timely, substantial, optimized, frequent, valuable, useful (adjective) content.
Reality: Most of us don’t have time to create that sort of content.
The good news is that it’s the 21st century and new technology is coming online faster than a TikTok dance trend. There are two solutions to get content fast:
- Curate the content. Don’t have time to write (or edit) a post? Find someone who did, repost a snippet of their work, and link to the source for the full content. Be sure to include a summary or reaction before so you aren’t a total mooch.
- Use AI to write your post. Now, I know what you’re thinking — isn’t that cheating? If you put in your prompt and don’t edit the outcome, then yes. If you take the time to outline the article, write a jazzy prompt and then edit (edit edit) the output, then no.
Stuck on what to write about? Here are 10 ideas for creating fresh content for your website or blog with ease:
- Share industry news. Keep up to date with the latest news in your industry and share your opinion on it.
- Repurpose old content. Dust off an old blog post and update it with new information or a fresh perspective.
- Create how-to guides. Share your expertise by creating tutorials and how-to guides related to your niche.
- Conduct interviews. Interview industry experts or people who have relevant experiences.
- Leverage user-generated content. Ask your audience to submit their stories, photos or videos and showcase them on your site. Be sure to give proper credit.
- Curate content. Share valuable content from other sources in your industry and add your commentary.
- Share success stories. Highlight success stories of your products or services, and how they’ve helped your customers
- Create listicles. Everyone loves listicles, right? Create lists of your favorite resources, tools or strategies in your niche.
- Use visuals. Create infographics, graphs, videos, or images to convey your message quickly.
- Share FAQs. Answer frequently asked questions you receive from customers or clients.
Remember, quality over quantity. And consistency is key! Set a realistic publishing schedule and stick to it. You’ll gain traction and will likely find the creation process much more manageable.